Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF)
Lions around the world are united by a great spirit of giving and dedication to helping others. As the official charitable organization of Lions Clubs International, a leading humanitarian organization, Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) supports Lions’ compassionate works by providing grant funding for their local and global humanitarian efforts.
We help Lions serve
LCIF helps Lions improve peoples’ lives around the world, from combating vision problems to responding to major catastrophes to providing valuable life skills to youth. Because LCIF helps Lions carry out large-scale projects through our grant programs, Lions increase their impact in their local and global communities and serve even more people in need around the world.
Our funds come from individuals
Donations from 1.35 million Lions in 208 countries and geographic areas provide the vast majority of the revenue received by LCIF, making the Foundation a leading humanitarian organization. Lions know their donations matter and that funds entrusted to LCIF will support initiatives that impact communities and change lives.
We form lasting and successful partnerships
LCIF leverages the donations we receive through effective partnerships with other foundations, corporations and governments on the local, national and international level. We are proud that LCIF was named the #1 non-governmental organization worldwide with which to partner, according to a 2007 Financial Times independent survey.
We have key areas of service
To support Lions’ mission of serving communities and meeting humanitarian needs, LCIF provides grants in these focus areas:
We make an impact
LCIF and Lions reach millions of people and accomplish visible results. Some of our accomplishments include:
- preventing serious vision loss for more than 30 million people
- providing close to 153.3 million treatments for river blindness
- engaging more than 12 million students and 550,000 educators in 85 countries in the youth development program Lions Quest
- building or expanding 593 eye hospitals/clinics/wards
- conducting more than 18 million vision screenings for children through Sight for Kids
- providing vision screening for more than 350,000 Special Olympics athletes from 85 countries through Opening Eyes
Our impact last year
In fiscal year 2011-2012, we had a great impact in lives around the world through 513 grants totaling US$55.5 million. This included:
- 33,000 people helped through 165 Emergency grants
- More than 4.7 million people helped through 160 Standard grants
- More than 166,000 students reached through 37 Lions Quest grants
- More than 91,000 people were helped through 26 International Assistance Grants that provided clean water and access to health care through medical missions
- 31 million people with improved vision through 35 SightFirst grants
For more Information please visit The LCIF Website